- How long is each swimming lesson?
- What days of the week do swimming lessons take place?
Lessons are provided on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- How many children are in each class?
There are a maximum of 9 children in each class.
- Can my child try a swimming lesson first before committing?
Yes, we offer your first lesson as a free trial in order to ensure your child is in the correct class and enjoys themselves.
- What if my child is unwell or on holiday and cannot attend a lesson?
Arrangements can be made to replace the missed lesson on a different day at no extra cost.
- Are lessons on during the school holidays?
Yes, the swim school operates 50 weeks of the year (2 weeks off at Christmas) with additional intensive 4-day courses in Spring, Summer and Autumn school holidays inclusive of membership.
- What are your teacher/child ratios?
Beginner 1 = 3 teachers : 9 children
Beginner 2 = 2 teachers: 9 children
Improver = 1 teacher : 9 children
- Will my child have the same teacher each week?
Our teachers have an average of over 5 years service with Kingfisher, ensuring the highest level of continuity of teaching. Additionally, our high teacher/child ratio ensures there is always at least one familiar face, despite any staff holidays or illness.
- What qualifications do your teachers have?
All of our teachers hold a minimum of an STA Level 2 Award in Swimming Teaching, with almost all of our teachers holding either STA or RLSS Pool Lifeguard qualifications as well. Most of our instructors swam competitively from a young age and many also hold advanced teaching qualifications, including coaching, parent & child, open water and national tutor qualifications.
All of our teachers are DBS checked and enrolled in the PVG scheme.
- What is the cost of your lessons?
£42 per month for group lessons, £84 per month for private lessons.
- How do I pay for swimming lessons?
Payments are taken through standing order on the 1st of each month. Details will be provided to you after your initial trial lesson.
- Are there any discounts available for booking more than one child?
For larger families booking group lessons, we offer a 25% discount for the 3rd & 4th siblings.
- Can I pay by cash/cheque?
No. For logistical & security reasons we can only take payments via standing orders.
- What is included in the monthly membership?
1 lesson per week (50 per year)
Up to 16 extra holiday lessons per year*
Flexibility to fit lessons around holidays, illnesses etc
*4 intensive courses during school holidays, Mon-Thurs, 1 half-hour lesson per day